Thursday 2 July 2009

FUTURE COMMENTS

Hey guys,

Just a quick post to let you know that I've enabled comment moderation and that word verification thingy from this point on.

More and more of my friend's sites and favourite forums have been targeted by spammers lately, and it's only a matter of time before this blog is too. So rather than risk wasting a full day deleting unwanted spams, I thought it best to set up this protection first.

On to fun stuff--I'll be posting up the making of my next cover tomorrow night!

See ya.
L

4 comments:

Declan Shalvey said...

Good pro-active move Leigh. Happened to me about a month ago and i spent 3 days deleting the spam.

Good times. Looking forward to the new cover!

Leigh G said...

Cheers matey,

Yeah, yourself and 2000AD artist D'Israeli were the main guys I was thinking of. Even the 2000AD forum is getting hit now. Gits.

Edward Kaye said...

I was getting the same crap on my blogger blog, and it was driving me mad!

You should really consider shifting to wordpress, it's got in built spam protection. It's top stuff!

Leigh G said...

Yeah, it's a shame we have to resort to taking precautions like this. All the more so as I still have young Bionicle fans still visit this site.

Nah, I think i'll stick to Blogger--I find this place pretty comfortable to work with!