Saturday 16 January 2010

BLOODY KNACKERED, BUT HERE'S SOME NICE NEWS!

Ok, so I've just finished two all nighters in a row to get this first episode of Defoe done...been a while since I've done that, but nice to know I'm still capable of doing them when I have to! Here's a taster panel below with all the gang together, as it'll be at least 6 months before this comes out!In other news, Defoe 1666 has recently been named in TWO "Best of 2009" lists. A big sloppy kiss to Ed kaye at Hypergeek, and Graeme Neil Reid at the Forbidden Planet International blog!
Finally, I'm very proud that my zombie baby cover for 2000AD prog 1643 was voted as one of the "Top 5 covers of 2009" by some lovely fans at 2000AD forums, and ALSO got a shout out from Richmond Clements on the 2000AD Review site! Thanks guys, it made a nice start to 2010!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good. Cheers for this. It's nice to know that Frenchie and the Butcher survived the breakout.
I've recommended Dafoe to quite a few non AD readers, including a friend to buy Dafoe (along with Marshall Law) for a family members xmas present whose surname ends with Gondry.

Leigh G said...

Thanks Bumcrack. Well as you can tell in the pic, the Butcher unfortunately lost both his arms in that battle, and so now just headbutts zombies.
And good on you spreading the word of Defoe! Tharg will spare your life...

Aidan said...

Which issues does Defoe 1666 collect? What's next in that series, I still need to find out what happens after they find the nest!

I still have my Joker sketh on the wall by the way, the you did at Traveling Man, Manchester. It's hanging next to my girls Diploma, thats her acheivment, The Joker is mine :)

Did you ever get round to watching Renaissance?

Leigh G said...

Hey Aidan,

The 1666 books collects (1666) progs 1540-1549 and (Brethren of the Night) progs 1589-1598.

Queen of the zombies in progs 1640-1649, hasn't been collected yet as I'm currently drawing the forth series "A Murder of Angels" , so hopefully se should have the next collection around the end of the year.

Yeah I did see that film! Surprisingly good! I can't believe there wasn't more press about it. THe opening scene with the young boys is spookily similar to a scene I drew in "Brethren of the night".

Cheers!

Mangamax said...

You bad - SIX months to wait after that teaser?????

Leigh G said...

Yeah, sorry about that, but I will post up the odd non spoiler panel along the way...

Aidan said...

Awesome, cheers dude! I was suprised I'd never heard anything about it either, It's fairly new too, only '06 I think.

I shall look forward to the new collection, or finding those issues if I can get hold of them. I should probably stop spending so much on comics at the moment though! Just got hold of Black Pearl, never knew Luke Skywalker did a comic :)