Sunday 10 January 2010

JUDGE DREDD "DOG SOLDIERS" PART 1!!!!

Have to keep this quick guys as I'm in "deadline panic mode" (seriously, what idiot decides to draw every bloody brick of the Tower of London??? Oh right, me...).

Anyway, earlier this week the Judge Dredd Megazine issue 293 appeared in stores today, featuring the first part of the Dredd story "Dog Soldiers", written by Robbie Morrison, drawn by myself, and coloured by Abigail Ryder.

Here's some "page stages"--sorry I couldn't find my rough layouts though.

My first Judge Dredd story! WOOOO!!!!
l






9 comments:

Edward Kaye said...

Hooooooly shit!

This looks fantastic, Leigh!

I really like the colour job too, it's nice a subtle, and doesn't distract from your linework.

Sadly, I haven't seen the new meg yet, as we're quite a bit behind over here in Canada. I expect it'll arrive in a month or so :(

I shall give you some linkage over from my site.

Good luck with the deadlines!

Ed

Leigh G said...

Hey matey, thanks for that.
I'll email you an advance look later if you promise to keep it under your hat!

Will Sliney said...

Great stuff Leigh, I love seeing these work in progresses

Leigh G said...

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll............thank you sir. I do it all for you...

Hope you gave Dec some nice flowers for his birthday by the way.

Alan said...

Reckon you've risen to the occasion there, mate. Wish it had been a story about zombies as then that would've been a hilarious pun

Leigh G said...

Ah thanks Alan. Well there's one more part to go (that I did the cover for as well) so you may change your mind after that!

Anonymous said...

Just finished Dog Soldiers part two. Loved it. I hope you get the opportunity to draw some more Dredds in future. showing those wrinkles fine and to top it off.
Four cracking headshots at the end.
Once Upon A Time In The Cursed Earth.

great job, fella!

Leigh G said...

Ahh thank you sir. Everyone's seen it but me dammit!
I'll do a couple more "making of" posts as soon as I get it.

Clare said...

Great reading thhis